Sunday, January 4, 2009

Days Like This! 2009

I saw The Dodos, Killa Queenz, Flying Lotus, Yo! Majesty, Platinum Pied Pipers, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings and Public Enemy.

This was actually a great festival and I had an awesome time. The Dodos were better than at Fleet Foxes, didn't record because there was only 15 or so of us watching. Killa Queenz was new to me. Flying Lotus killed it, botched the recording though. Yo! Majesty had high expectatiosn and failed to meet them. Was stoked to finally see even just a few members of Slum Village in PPP.

As for Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, I wish I could get the visuals of this show, because Sharon Jones is an amazing performer. One of the most feel good shows I have ever seen. Included the amazing sound check as well.

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - Days Like This!, Sydney, 04/01/2009 - 84.5mb - 1 hour 10 minutes

Now for Public Enemy, this time with Flavor Flav. After seeing them last Saturday I had convinced myself that they didn’t need Flavor Flav. I was wrong, he adds so much more to the performance it’s insane. They performed all of It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back again, and due to various curfews and sound restrictions, the set is cut short and they end with a rush medley of songs. After about the 40 minute point the sound starts getting quieter and quieter as the sound at the venue was being turned down.

Also I recorded this from the second row and it seemed to work out absolutely fine, and I got to high five Flavor Flav.

Public Enemy - Days Like This!, Sydney, 04/01/2009 - 93.1 mb - 1 hour 20 minutes

Apparently it's def coming back next year. I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment