Saturday, May 29, 2010

VIVID Festival: Boris

Simply floored. Amazing show. If not for Dirty Three, Boris would be the best thing I've seen all year. Opening song is amazing, closing song is even better, they did a bit of everything, a really varied night. Struggling to find the words, a must listen. The atmosphere in the room was great, the light show was stunning, though it wasn't as loud as expected, but that's hardly a bad point.

Can't wait to see them again on Monday, wish I was going tonight.

Setlist
Farewell
Rainbow
8
Message/Statement
Floorshaker
A Bao a Qu
16:47:52...
Akirame Flower
Pink
Korusu
1970
You Were Holding an Umbrella
[ ]/Untitled

Boris - Opera House Studio, Sydney, 28/05/2010 - 128.5mb - 1 hour 28 minutes

9 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for this (I'm an enormous Boris fan)! How do you split this up in different tracks (I have never done that before but it would be easier than one whole track)?

    p.s.: I see it's not on the setlist, but was that night, the one where they did an encore with Ian Astbury (the cult)?

    and again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheWhale, the BxI (Boris and Ian Astbury) encore was only on the Saturday night.

    Thanks for this, only got to go to the Saturday show so I really appreciate it. Any chance you could share this in flac?

    Are you recording tomorrow's set?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be at Noise Night yeah, but Ian Astbury wasn't at my show, a shame.

    Just any audio editing programme should be enough to split it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I don't ened some fancy pants material (sorry but I prefer my bootlegs cut up if possible). I hope you will be recording the noise night to, some great artists there (boris, melt banana, oren ambarchi). Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Morris for that great recording!

    I flew down from Brisbane to see both shows and also took a few photos. You can find them here:

    http://pictureofthewind.wordpress.com

    Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this upload. I didn't get to go to this show, but I did go to Noise Night, and I can't wait for an upload of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks mate. This is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the upload Morris, this was one fantastic show from a fantastic band, and its great to be able to listen to it again.

    Any chance of flac x 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much.

    But c'mon, a FLAC version would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete