Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Garbage and the Flowers

Supported by Chris Petro, Holy Balm and Circle Pit.

I don't know what the reason behind this show was, but when Garbage and the Flowers play a show, you show up. I missed Chris Petro and have no idea who he is/what he's like but a friend said "You'd know who he was if you saw him."

So first up I saw Holy Balm, they are awesome again. This set ruled, there was a bit of an odd mix at times and very little drums to be heard, but they still played a great one.

Holy Balm - Red Rattler, Sydney, 14/05/2010 - 34.3mb - 23 minutes

I keep missing opportunities to tape Circle Pit, one of the best bands in the world. I taped them when the supported the Yeah Yeah Yeahs but assholes were talking shit (a common theme with Circle Pit) about them, one person of which happened to be directly to me. Not the best set I've seen them play, but the first time seeing them since getting my hands on Bruise Constellation. Fucken great set still. Felt like it dragged a bit in the middle but they played 2 or so new ones which were refreshingly rocking.

Circle Pit - Red Rattler, Sydney, 14/05/2010 - 50.4mb - 35 minutes

Garbage and the Flowers are a band that have always eluded me live, so for a first timer this set blew me away, it's always hard to tape a band of their sound but it turned out pretty well, captivating set. It's not often you get to see them.

The Garbage and the Flowers - Red Rattler, Sydney, 14/05/2010 - 60.3mb - 43 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment