Monday, April 26, 2010

Dead Farmers/Royal Headache double launch.

I had heard only terrible things about 202 Broadway, and having walked past it frequently and never seen a soul in there, I wasn't expecting much. The band room in the basement however is pretty cool, I dug the vibe, an acoustic nightmare, but I really enjoyed seeing these bands there.

Dick Diver came all the way up from Melbourne to support, I hadn't seen them since they came to support Mum Smokes, and I was equally blown away this time, they've been one of my favourite bands since then and this set was solid as hell. What a band.

Dick Diver - 202 Broadway, Sydney, 25/04/2010 - 48.1mb - 35 minutes

The good thing about seeing Royal Headache every single time they play is that they tend to bust out 2 or so new songs each time. Tonight there were 3 new songs and all of them amazing, they did seem to cut out all the songs that required actual singing though, not bad though because this was easily the best set I've ever seen them play. Everyone was so into it, there did seem to be some people near me treating Royal Headache like gods, and they were on fire. For some reason though (and it was like this on the night) the vocals keep getting louder and louder as the set goes on, so the last song is basically awash with distorted vocals.

Royal Headache - 202 Broadway, Sydney, 25/04/2010 - 35.5mb - 25 minutes

Dead Farmers finished off the night of what was pretty much a perfect lineup and were as amazing as ever, I decided to not be in the first two rows for this one so I couldn't see shit, but they've always been an amazing band and they played an amazing set. The LP fucking rules as well.

Dead Farmers - 202 Broadway, Sydney, 25/04/2010 - 41.6mb - 30 minutes

1 comment: