Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tenniscoats and The Pancakes at Serial Space

Supported by Kyu.

This was the second time seeing Kyu and to be honest, I can't really fault them that much, but they just bore me and seem kinda pointless. Also terrible lyrics. But I can see its appeal and a lot of other people seem to really enjoy them. Did not record.

I'm not usually a twee-as-fuck loving fuck but The Pancakes blew me away, she was just amazing. People compared it to amateur karaoke but I thought she wrote some awesome vocal melodies and made the show genuinely fun for the audience. One problem was that this show was very quiet, so the recording pretty much peaks like crazy at the end of every song when people cheer, so you may want to cover your ears.

The Panckes - Serial Space, Sydney, 11/09/2009 - 33 minutes - 45.75mb

Tenniscoats were awesome, awesome awesome awesome, but it doesn't convert at all into a recording and was just way to quiet to salvage. Hate to say it, but you had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment