Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Disco at Oxford Art Factory

Supported by Royal Headache, Holy Balm and Absolute Boys.

Who are the Absolute Boys? I only found out who they "might" be the night before and this was enough to make me excited, 1 part Eucalpyt, 2 parts Ohana, and the result was fucking awesome. Got about half way through the intro to the first song before realising this was going to be a great band. Pretty sure this was their first show.

Absolute Boys - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney, 24/09/2009 - 30.54mb - 21 minutes

Holy Balm were up next, first time I've had a chance to record these peeps, they are awesome but it was a bit messy. Still enjoyed.

Holy Balm - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney, 24/09/2009 - 32.31mb - 23 minutes

Yes I know I only saw Royal Headache 7 days ago but I was pretty excited to see them play in front of such a big crowd, and they nailed it.

Setlist
Splash
Eloise
Girls
Red Rocket
Don't Want To
Two Kinds of Love
Never Again
Surprise
Honeyjoy
Psychotic Episode

Royal Headache - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney, 24/09/2009 - 31.6mb - 22 minutes

I haven't seen My Disco since November last year but dayum, tonight was better than I've ever seen them. Each and every time they started a new song juuust before it started to drag out and kept it pretty tight, was probably also the quietest I've seen them play. I'm doing the set list off memory so let me know what's wrong.

Setlist
New Song
New Song
You Came to Me Like a Cancer Lain Dormant Until It Blossomed Like a Rose
Land
Unknown
New Song

My Disco - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney, 24/09/2009 - 57.7mb - 40 minutes

2 comments: