Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bonnaroo Day One

First band of the first day of this amazing festival. Started at 7pm and I was only able to record MURS and Portugal. The Man before the monsoon/thunderstorm started which didn’t give up until 10am the next morning, so I didn’t get to record much on the first day but this set left me quite impressed, being a festival it sounds a bit flat (Most of the Bonnaroo recordings do) but still, here it is.

Setlist
Better Than the Best
H-U-S-T-L-E
VANS
Dreadlocks
Can It Be
Yesterday and Today
UNI
I Know
Walk Like a Man
3:16
Badman!
Silly Girl
Me and this Jawn
Break Up
Int’l Players Anthem (I Choose You)
Road is My Religion
Rok U
Murray’s Revenge
Boyz N the Hood
LA Show
Aaah
To Protect and Entertain Everything

MURS - Bonnaroo, Manchester, 11/06/2009 - 81.2mb - 51 minutes

First of two sets by Portugal. The Man. I was ultra pumped to see them, I had listened to them religiously in Year 10 and the only way I got to see them was by travelling to buttfuck Tennessee. To be honest, they kinda dissappointed. The sound in the tent was bad, it had just began to monsoon so everyone was piled into the tent and honestly, when these guys released their first album, they were criticised as being a crappy Mars Volta knock-off, it seems like everyones forgotten this except the band who are trying their hardest to be a crappy Mars Volta knock-off. Jamming on the song that got me into you in the first place to prove you have soul without playing a note from the original song was heart breaking. Still, I left satisfied at least.


Setlist
Church Mouth/One
Lay Me Back Down
And I
New Orleans
Bellies are Full
People Say
My Mind/How the Leopard Got its Spots
Horse Warming Party
1989/Our Way
AKA M80 the Wolf

Portugal. The Man - Bonnaroo, Manchester, 11/06/2009 - 92.5mb - 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment