Monday, July 5, 2010

Black Wire to Common Ground in-store

So Black Wire is pretty much the new Paint it Black. First time I've been there and it rules. Great room for gigs and they have every Murder City Devils LP for $12! Entirely volunteer ran.

The Fighting League represented Canberra and were basically a shit load of fun. I dunno if I wanna bother describing it, just listen.

The Fighting League - Black Wire to Common Ground, Sydney, 03/07/2010 - 36mb - 25 minutes

I've been pretty obsessed with Assassins 88 tape the past couple of months, but I didn't know what to expect from them live. Just assumed it would be a duo and the bassist would sing, but turns out they both sing, with the drummer doing most of it with a mic (Telephone receiver? Ribbon mic? Same thing? Neither?) duct taped into his mouth. Live gave me mad Lightning Bolt vibes, without sounding like them at all. Just loud as shit pop music with crazy drumming.

Assassins 88 - Black Wire to Common Ground, Sydney, 03/07/2010 - 27mb - 19 minutes

Bitch Prefect again. Awesome again. What a band. Come back soon.

Bitch Prefect - Black Wire to Common Ground, Sydney, 03/07/2010 - 51.5mb - 37 minutes

2 comments: