Monday, May 25, 2009

Sasquatch! Festival Day Three

So the next morning starts with every packing all their shit up and then getting the hell to main stage with Deerhoof into Grizzly Bear and it’s the perfect combination. Deerhoof were beyond excellent and need to tour soon.

Had to get up pretty early to catch these guys after Memorial Day madness but it was worth it. They were bloody amazing, a good replacement for Japandroids considering they weren’t even on the schedule. They were also blessed by the main stages awesome sound.

If anyone could write up a set list it would be appreciated, I’ve yet to listen to Offend Maggie.

Deerhoof - Sasquatch!, Quincy, 25/05/2009 - 45.5mb - 32 minutes

Next up is Black Moth Super Rainbow who get points for being the ugliest band ever, but the music is so so good. They are followed closely by Bishop Allen and all the Kings of Leon fans come back out and everyone is bored. School of Seven Bells blow everyone away with general awesomness on the smallest stage there is and get a crowd double that of most other bands on the bigger stage.

Pow! Recording Number 100.

Pretty solid set. Nothing else much to say really. Gave me no particularly strong memories.

Setlist
Iamunderdisguise
Wired for Light
Conjur
Half Asleep
Face to Face on High Places
My Cabal
Sempiternal

School of Seven Bells - Sasquatch!, Quincy, 25/05/2009 - 58.5mb - 39 minutes

Gogol Bordello somehow manage to get the entire crowd (I really do mean the entire crowd) to mosh in 40 degree weather, I was up on the hill and it was the most amazing sight to behold. Turns out Fleet Foxes music perfectly matches the Gorge and they shit all over their performance at Coachella.

Fleet Foxes mountain music absolutely perfectly suits the Gorge. They fucked up the drums yet again though. But at least the recording survived this time. Also between these guys and Band of Horses, musicians with beards give the best banter.

Setlist
Sun Giant
Sun it Rises
Drops in the River
English House
White Winter Hymnal
Ragged House
Your Protector
New Song
New Song
He Doesn’t Know Why
Mykonos
Blue Ridge Mountain

Fleet Foxes - Sasquatch!, Quincy, 25/05/2009 - 76.4mb - 53 minutes

Beach House play on the same stage as School of Seven Bells and indulge us with their 10,000 technical problems, kinda pissed me off after what happened when they played Sydney and I had to spend the show sitting on a train without power, but I still thoroughly enjoyed.

I’ve had some pretty bad luck with Beach House, when they toured Australia in August last year, I got stuck on a broken down train on the way to the show. Finally 10 months later I get to see them and they are just having the craziest technical problems the entire show. But still they were absolutely amazing. I was pretty cut when I got home to find that the recording was corrupted, but I was able to recover all but the last one and a half songs (You Came to Me and Heart of Chambers).

I really want to see them properly one day, at their own show and without everything breaking.

Setlist
Apple Orchard (False Start)
Apple Orchard
Gila
Used to Be
Astronaut
New Song
Master of None
You Came to Me (Fade out)

Beach House - Sasquatch!, Quincy, 25/05/2009 - 53.8mb - 39 minutes

I walk over to Girl Talk and the crowd is ridiculous, at least 40,000 people and it’s kind of not interesting at all. I go to see Erykah Badu and all it is her band playing the same 4 bars over and over and over until they realise this is annoying everyone and play Lil Wayne for the next HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES UNTIL SHE FINALLY ARRIVES. I piss off to Explosions in the Sky for the most perfect end to the festival imaginable. The set list is perfect and the crowd is awesome and what was probably the best weekend of my life is over and I smell like shit, I’m 18 shades darker than what I started out like and I have a visible layer of dirt over my entire body.

Setlist
Catastrophe and the Cure
Yasmin the Light
The Birth and Death of the Day
Your Hand in Mine
Greet Death (I think)
Welcome, Ghosts
The Only Moment We Were Alone

Explosions in the Sky - Sasquatch!, Quincy, 25/05/2009 - 91.1mb - 60 minutes

Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment