Sunday, February 22, 2009

Soundwave 2009

I took a break from recording and returned for Soundwave.

I ended up missing two bands I wanted to see because of the obscene line to get in, but overall this was a huge improvement on last years.

Saw Saves the Day first, quite enjoyable. Mainly went to record for a friend.

Saves the Day - Soundwave, Sydney, 22/02/2009 - 46.5mb - 39 minutes

Minus the Bear are easily one of my favourite bands, a bummer they got relegated to such a small stage at such an hour, but the set was so awesome. And they played Thanks for the Killer Game of Crisco Twister! Bummer that a fuck up at work made me miss their side show with Jaguar Love (Whose original plan was for me to see and record them 3 times but only ended up seeing them half of once.)

Setlist
Dr. L’Ling
Throwing Shapes
Hooray
Thanks for the Killer Game of Crisco Twister
Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse
The Fix
Pachuca Sunrise
Knights

Minus the Bear - Soundwave, Sydney, 22/02/2009 - 42.1mb - 35 minutes

Rival Schools were who I recorded next, saw a few bits and pieces in between but this set was really quite enjoyable. Just flat out hell yeah to these guys.


Setlist
Travel By Telephone
High Acetate
Good Things
The Switch
Everything Has It’s Point
Big Waves
Undercovers On
How Soon is Now
Used For Glue

Rival Schools - Soundwave, Sydney, 22/02/2009 - 39.4mb - 34 minutes

I had no plans on seeing Alice in Chains but I ended up there and was totally blown away, William DuVall fucking killed it and I ended up know every word to every song. Solid performance.

Alice in Chains - Soundwave, Sydney, 22/02/2009 - 76.6mb - 1 hour 2 minutes

Angry music to play on your tambourine. Fucking awesome performance, ballsy set list for a festival. Only time I’ve ever seen Nine Inch Nails play an encore so that was weird. Can barely hear the bass. More in depth discussion of NIN in their next recording.

Setlist
1,000,000
Letting You
March of the Pigs
Something I Can Never Have
Reptile
Burn
Survivalism
Gave Up
La Mer
The Fragile
Non-Entity
The Good Soldier
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Encore
Suck
The Downward Spiral
Dead Souls
Hurt

Nine Inch Nails - Soundwave, Sydney, 22/02/2009 - 116.4mb - 1 hour 36 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment