Tuesday, March 3, 2009

of Montreal

Supported by the Ruby Suns.

Was supposed to see of Montreal three times on this tour, but I needed funds for my upcoming overseas trip, so this is the only show I made it to, back then I said:

Perfect. This show resulted in about 100x happiness than what I began with. Kinda bummed that they didn’t play much from before Hissing Fauna and the stage extras were a bit distracting but made the entire thing an actual properly done show. She’s a Rejector is probably one of the best things I’ve ever heard live. But I think I can sum up the entire awesomeness of the show with this. Brontosaurus Superman playing drums. Yep.

The levels are a bit fucked due to the crowd being comparatively loud to the PA, and me jumping around and dancing my ass off the entire time. Still kinda disappointed at the sound, I really wanted this one to come out perfect but yeah, a lot gets lost in the low levels. The crackling noise that happens in a few song is the actual in house PA, not my mics. Also you’re going to hear the word “boner” about 4 times. Thanks Tab, thanks Tom.

Setlist
We Were Born the Mutants Again with Leaflings
Bunny Ain’t No Kind of Rider
And I’ve Seen a Bloody Shadow
Gronlandic Edit
Sink the Seine
Cato as a Pun
Tender Fax
Requiem of OMM2
Beware Our Nubile Miscreants
For Our Elegant Caste
An Eluardian Istance
She’s a Rejector
So Begins Our Alabee
Heimdelsgate Like a Promethean Curse
October is Eternal
Mingusings
Id Engager
Encore
Lion in a Suit and Brontosaurus Superman play a song
The Party’s Crashing Us
Suffer for Fashion
The Repudiated Immortals

of Montreal - Manning Bar, Sydney, 03/03/2009 - 94mb - 1 hour 19 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment