Thursday, June 3, 2010

VIVID Festival: Melt-Banana

This was awesome.

The set starts out with 15/20 minutes of the Yasuko Onuki & Ichirou Agata collaboration that was shown at Noise Night, once again in complete darkness with nothing but head torches, before the rest of the band joined them for an hours worth of awesome Melt-Banana material. Yasuko has the craziest eyes ever when she's not being adorable and Ichirou is still blowing my mind as a guitarist. Encore includes them covering the Specials covering Monkey Man.

Not that any one that has any say in this will read this, but I really think the Opera House should have gigs in the Studio like this more often, and not just for international bands/established Australian acts. The sound is amazing and it's got a good vibe, plus the novelty of being the god damn Opera House.

Setlist - Thanks to Wiebke's awesome Melt-Banana live archive.
Phantasmagoria
T for Tone
Slide Down
One Drop, One life
Lock the Head
In Store
Cat and the Blood
Dog Song
Dig a Pit
Chain Keeper
Shield for Your Eyes, a Beast in the Well on Your Hand
RRAGG
Spider Snipe
Heiwaboke Crisis
Cat Brain Land
Too Rough to Scoop
The Call of the Vague
Loop Nebula
Leeching
Circle-Jack (Chase the Magic Words, Lego Lego)
A Hunter in the Rain to Cut the Neck Up in the Present Stage
Pain in Ash
Cracked Plaster Cast
Green Eyed Devil
A Dreamer who is too Weak to Face Up to
Lost Parts Stinging Me So Cold
Blank Page of the Blind
Encore
Monkey Man
Spathic!!
Encore
Scratch or Stitch!


Melt-Banana - Opera House Studio, Sydney, 02/06/2010 - 113mb - 1 hour 14 minutes

7 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the upload. I am kicking myself for not going to this. They were so great at Noise Night.

    And I agree that the Opera House should have more gigs like this. Opera House ---> Noise House. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man this was totally amazing and superb - I am seriously considering it may have been the best gig I've ever seen. The atmosphere was darn powerful. I've got the setlist and some photos on my tumblr if you want'em? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can translate it into English I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goatman, post the link to your tumblr please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://riamu.tumblr.com/

    and I'll translate'em soon - I know japanese. dayum, I was close enough I coulda licked her chest. bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Shield
    2. Rug
    3. Spider
    4. Shit
    5. The Cat
    6. SCOOP
    7. Call
    8. Nebular
    9. Reach
    10. Lego
    11. Hunter
    12. Pain
    13. Plaster
    14. Devil
    15. Dreamer
    16. Lost
    17. Blank
    (encore 1)
    18. Monkey
    19. Spathic
    (encore 2)
    20. ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look exactly the same as when i saw them 5 years ago!

    ReplyDelete