Sunday, June 27, 2010

Graf Orlock/Dangers House show

Yeah I went to a house show and took my recording gear, nerd alert.

Nice Guys opened up proceedings at the neighbourhood friendly time of 1pm, I only ever seen these guys one other time at their first show, and got damn they've improved. They got really good really fast. Eager to see them again after this.

Nice Guys - House Show, Sydney, 26/06/2010 - 29mb - 20 minutes

Dangers were up next, and my impression was that the vocalist was trying to murder the crowd, he at one staged jammed me into a fireplace. Pretty darn good set but there were times where the vocals verged into the yelping territory, but the rest of the time they were really solid.

Dangers - House Show, Sydney, 26/06/2010 - 40mb - 28 minutes

Graf Orlock last. It's not every day you attend a gig where everyone shouts along to movie quotes, but these guys really brought it. The mics clip a whole heap when shit gets rough but I managed to get a good sound out of it, sounds a bit fucked up as well when a few guys and I tried to jam him through the bannister. Classic ending of doing a cover of the Jurassic Park theme while crowd surfing through the room, through the kitchen and out into the backyard.

Graf Orlock - House Show, Sydney, 26/06/2010 - 35mb - 25 minutes

2 comments: