Thursday, November 6, 2008

Qua and Mountains in the Sky Double Album Launch

Supported by Ohana.

Ohana are by far my favourite Australian band. This is only 1 of 2 recordings I managed to nab of them before their hiatus. It's a bit iffy but the performance is as great as any Ohana show.

Ohana - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney, 06/11/2009 - 31.7 mb - 25 minutes

Next up was a sort of round robin set between Qua and Mountains in the Sky. They basically just swapped instruments, played 3 or so songs each, swapped again, did some improv on each other songs, and then came together for some messy jam at the end. It was amazing and I doubt they'll ever do it again. They also had some comedian (I guess?) break up the set. Only time I've seen Qua with a live drummer. Needs to be done more often.

Qua & Mountains in the Sky - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney, 06/11/2009 - 139mb - 1 hour 56 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment